Special 3-day trips designed for leaders to come and see for themselves the how and why behind Conviventia’s community impact
Vision trips are what we categorise as exploration trips for leaders who wish to learn more about the how and why behind Conviventia’s structure, mission, projects, and programs, and may like to explore a partnership with us! Our vision trips are structured for leaders of churches, church ministries, businesses, and/or other non-profit organizations.
Through these trips, our aim is to expose people in leadership to the reality in Colombia and the impact that Conviventia is reaching across some of the darkest places in this country. An intense but varied agenda allows visitors to talk with Conviventia’s leadership about the organization’s vision of Transformation for Colombia; all while seeing our team in action, gaining insight to our management system, and interacting with the people our organization serves.
What can you expect from a Vision Trip?
Our aim is for leaders to leave Colombia with a clear understanding of two key questions:
– WHY help transform Colombia, of all places?
– WHY support Conviventia, of all organizations?
If you decide to participate in a Vision Trip with us, we will work with you to create an agenda suitable to your interests. However, in summary, you can expect your trip to consist of the following:
You will have the opportunity to see the areas where Conviventia implements its various projects and be able to visit with the people in our communities, hear their stories, struggles, successes and hopes.
- You will interact with Conviventia’s staff and get a feel for our organizational culture.
- You will learn more about Conviventia’s transformational approach to poverty alleviation and the results achieved throughout our many years of work.
- You will learn about Conviventia’s process of accountability (PMEL system).
- You will have an opportunity to gain deeper insight about Colombia’s history and the current challenges and opportunities for this country and its people.
- We will arrange for you to visit some of our staple restaurants, colonial and historic sites, and experience Colombia’s rich beauty and culture! (It’s not all work, don’t fret!)
- If by the end of your trip you feel compelled to do so, we will discuss opportunities for long-term cooperation with you and your ministry, company, or organization.
The ideal Vision Trip lasts three days.
- Day one: An introduction to the organization, and our child, youth, and family projects, as well as the communities where they’re located.
- Day two: Introduction to our productive inclusion programs and projects (i.e. technical training, employment, and entrepreneurship), plus interactions with and learnings from our leadership team.
- Day three: Introduction to our humanitarian aid projects, some tourism, as well as a closing dinner with our organization’s leadership.
Although price will vary depending on airline ticket prices, time of year, and number of cities visited, you can expect expenses to average between US$1,450- $ 1,900 for 2021.
Please note: If our visitors have special requests, such as staying at a particular hotel, we can plan accordingly; however, price will naturally reflect these changes.
What Conviventia covers and what we don’t:
Like our Work Teams Initiative, the general costs of a Vision Trip are covered by our visitors. Of course, Conviventia will take care of all of the logistics involved (e.g. planning, airport pick-up and all in-country transportation, coordination of meals and refreshments, and security arrangements).
Typically, we will close the trip by arranging a meal with our organization’s leadership and a visit to a colonial or historic site! These leisure activities are arranged and fully covered by Conviventia’s executive board as a gesture of gratitude toward our visitors for their interest in learning about our organization and about Colombia.
What can visiting Colombia with Conviventia do for you?
Who better to answer this question than your peers! Some of our awesome partners who have participated in our Work Teams Initiative have decided to share their stories with you:
Work Teams Testimony from Carlos Toscano
Over the past five years I have been to Cartagena on several missions and there have been many memorable experiences that have enriched my life.
Work Teams Testimony from Brigitta Diaz
Short term mission trips are awesome in two ways. It blesses the people and workers in the places where the mission trip takes place, and it blesses the person who is going.
Conviventia partner testimony from Connie
Hi! My name is Connie. I’m an APRN and midwife with a busy practice, and a fierce love of God. I have had the privilege to go to Colombia with Conviventia as part of a team for 8 years now!